VHS Property Management
Let us manage your rental property
We are the best full service Property Management Company in Culpeper, Fauquier, Fredericksburg, Madison, Orange, Prince William, Rappahannock, Spotsylvania and surrounding areas. We offer a full range of property management services tailored to you as an investor, homeowner, or landlord. We have an extensive portfolio of single family homes, townhouses and condos.
We pride ourselves by properly maintaining homes for our owners which attracts and keeps qualified tenants. On average our homes lease within 15-30 days of listing. Our goal is to keep long-term tenants for long-term investment properties. If an owner is leasing for a shorter time, we work hard to find the right tenants to avoid high turnover rates, and because we manage and address repairs quickly our average tenancy period is 3 years.
Let us work to preserve and increase the value of your rental property, while taking the burden and stress of managing off of you! Hire the best in Culpeper today!
Services VHS Property Management Provides
- Collection and Disbursement of Tenants Security Deposit
- Electronic Deposit to Your Bank Account
- Filing court documents and Court Representation in connection with Evictions
- Handling Tenant Calls
- Handling Tenant Violations
- Interior and Exterior Property Inspections Twice a Year
- Leasing Through Licensed Realtors
- Marketing Through our local MLS which feeds out to all the major Real Estate Websites
- Monthly & Year End Income/Expense Statements
- Move In / Move Out Inspections
- Online Owner Access to Documents and Accounts
- Preparing Property for New Tenants
- Rental Collection
- Repairs, Maintenance and Renovations Management
- Tenant Screening
What Sets Us Apart?
- Avenues for tenants to dispute security deposit charges; this diffuses their initial instinct to sue, causing unnecessary expenses to the owner.
- Emergency Hotline; tenant calls answered 24/7
- Filing default notices and Unlawful Detainers in house; lowering the owners cost.
- Furnace Filter program; we auto ship filters to tenants, at no cost to the owner, so they don’t forget to change those important filters every two months.
- In house Rental Equipment; when the heat or A/C goes out, we keep equipment to keep your tenants comfortable while waiting for a repair.
- Investing and staying up to date on the latest technology and market trends Property Reports twice a year, inside and out.
- Property Showings; we use special lockboxes on vacant homes that allow potential renters timely access to view the property which leads to faster occupancy.
- Seasonal letters reminding tenants of important property maintenance.
Our Commitment to Investing in Leading Technology
We believe that to stay at the top of our market, we must invest in the best technology. We use a web-based property management and accounting software that allows us to manage your properties with the highest level of service. Our software not only provides great benefits to our office, but we can share many of these benefits with you. Our software allows us to offer both owners and tenants excellent response time because we are able to securely access data about our properties, tenants and landlords at any time and from anywhere. Sensitive records are safely stored in a state-of-the-art data center which is automatically and routinely backed up.
- 10% of gross monthly rent or minimum $100
Commission for Leasing the Property to a New Tenant
- 100% of the first month’s rent
- Lease Renewals
- $75 per occurrence
Property Maintenance Survey each Spring
- $100 on Average
- $30 per item
Other Non-Management Services Performed on Behalf of the Owner
- $45 per hour
- Minimum Balance in Your Account of $500.00 for Maintenance and Repairs
- Providing Funds When There is a Deficit to Your Account
- Paying Certain Bills
- Mortgage Payments
- HOA Payments
- Landlord Insurance
- Property Taxes
VHS Property Management holds Security Deposits on your behalf.
When you are ready to rent your property, we will prepare a market analysis to determine the best price for your home.
We market your property through our local Multiple Listing Service which feeds out to many top real estate sites on the web. In addition, we cooperate with other Realtors to rent your home at no extra charge to you. This means we have access to even more agents to get your property rented fast.
We thoroughly screen tenants by pulling credit scores, criminal background checks and past evictions. In addition, we verify employment and rental history.
VHS Property Management will provide and handle getting all the leasing documents signed with the new tenant.
Real Estate Services+
If and when you are ready to sell your property we have a Sales Division within the Brokerage to help you.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. We are a Brokerage Firm licensed in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We belong to the National Association or Realtors, Virginia Association of Realtors and The Greater Piedmont Association of Realtors. We are also a member of the National Association of Residential Property Managers.